Saturday, October 19, 2013

A homeade sling; a happy day


Today was a good day of swimming lessons and helping in the clinic. There was an older lady (picture below) who came in with a broken arm. I got to watch the doctor make her a cast by adding water to special tape. Afterwards I was thinking a sling would be nice but we didn't have any materials in the clinic. I decided to look around and found this orange cloth. I had fun fashioning her a sling that hopefully helps her protect her arm.

 For about two hours today my friends have helped me with my dreads- as of now they have about 5 more that need to be done but that's it. I really do have great friends who've helped me and the end result is kinda shocking for my dreads-- pics to come soon with it all done and down ;)

Tonight I did worship on thanking Jesus for his many blessings and of the story of the ten lepers in Luke 17:11-17 when only one of them said thank you. I identity really well with this story lately with my hand infection but God has been healing me miraculously and I am so thankful! Psalms 30:2,3 Oh Lord my God I called to you for help and you healed me. Oh Lord my God you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit.

Tomorrow, Sabbath, we get to go the orphanage after church! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment