Saturday, September 21, 2013

My 5th Peruvian Sabbath

Happy Sabbath from Pucallpa Peru! Jeremy Monasco is letting me use his computer today so that I can blog and I'm very grateful.

This morning started out very rough at about 1:30 am. I was having really bad nightmares and I felt really nauseous. I went outside and read some Bible verses in the van. After about 15 minutes I fell asleep and then came inside only to realize I had been locked out of my own room. Fortunately, Becca one of my roomies came out quickly and I got to go back in and sleep until about 6:15 am when I woke up to help prepare breakfast. It's my week to cook and this morning we had oatmeal and fruit. It was delicious.

After breakfast, my stomach was feeling much better and I needed to prepare for my sermon. Today's talk was about grace and I talked about the story of Hosea and Gomer from the Bible paralleling it to Jesus' love. I think that Hosea is my new favorite book of the Bible thanks to the book Redeeming Love. I never thought I would find Jesus' love so clearly from the story

At 8:37, a few minutes lates- the Peruvian way, we all piled on top of each other in the van. It was so hot and sweaty, I felt like my purple dress was becoming saturated in sweat. Finally after dropping off another group at a different church we arrived at K13. Church went alright- pretty average/ good for church here so far. We sang a million Spanish hymns, our voices sometimes cracking but still strong. Kids Sabbath School was good and we tried to take as much time as possible having the kids make popsicle stick crosses. We need to get more craft stuff and posters for songs in town. Our sermon went alright- all 3 of us shared parts of the talk for about 10 minutes. When it finally became 11:40 and our sermon was over- all of our team was exhausted, totally drained, and relieved.

We had burgers for lunch made up of lentils, eggs, and flour that we prepared this morning. I was pretty excited about how well our bean burgers turned out.My friend Kaity Kat is really sick and I feel very bad for her- please pray that she gets better! She had a 102 fever earlier along with the other signs of amoebas or parasites including throw up and diahreaa.

I'm really tired right now and it's wonderful to just relax a little bit with my Peruvian familia. We are happy to be able to talk to our friends or share memories about them together and just really spend some time in fellowship. At 3:30 today I have to go back to the church to see if baby Christian is there for physical therapy.

I pray you have a safe and happy Sabbath. If you are one of my close friends or family- know that I think about you alot and that I love you more than I could ever express!

No comments:

Post a Comment