Thursday, September 5, 2013

Laugh

I laughed all afternoon: sometimes in my head, sometimes out loud with my great friend Kaitlyn.
It was one of my favorite days in the clinic- since I've been here- and it's all because of an attitude change.

 Dr. Quack- well that's what we call him here- gave my friend and I a pep talk about our Peruvian experience. Kaitlyn was expressing to him our feelings about being here: how we were starting to really miss our family and just some things about American life back home. He didn't empathize with us at all- instead he said Grow up, your a woman now. And as harsh as that sounds, it's really true and really smart advice.

Anywhere we go, anything we do, we always have two options. Option number 1 is to make the best out of each and every situation- using the opportunity to learn no matter is the situation is pleasant or unpleasant. Option 2 is to make excuses, complain, or feel sorry for yourself because of the situation.

Kaitlyn and I decided that from now on we would approach all Peruvian challenges with laughter. Because we are family together, we will never be here again in Peru, and we will never have an opportunity like this year to learn so much Spanish, so much medically, and really rely on God- we have to make the best of it.

We don't want to go home and be like "Ya I spent that whole year wishing I was back in America". I'm definitely not going to let that happen! Instead I'm going to serve and work with my eyes wide open, ready to learn and grow, trusting in God, and being thankful for everything I have and every opportunity I have been given.

Hahahaha- I had a great, very funny day and tomorrow Dr. Happy is taking our entire group to go see some waterfalls for a special adventure. It's 3 hours a way and we're renting another bus. We get to go swimming there as well =)

Psalm 126:2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”

I don't know how your day went. I don't know how your life is going right now. Maybe your having an amazing time at college, or a terrible time at work, maybe your lonely, or maybe you just got a new job. Whatever your going through, trust me- you have something to be thankful for and something you can laugh at. When you laugh at your hard times, smile and hug the people you have with you that love you, and realize how blessed you are just for being healthy- you will love your life and live your days with so much more joy.

I pray that you realize how much you have and how good you have it and I pray that you laugh with someone who loves you and smile like an everlasting rainbow.

Job 8:21 He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.

No matter what you are going through, you have a choice. Will you smile, frown, cry, or laugh?

No comments:

Post a Comment