Tuesday, August 13, 2013

one dream of mine..

So ever since I was around 10 years old.. I've had this dream. This dream that I've kept putting off in my head- but no matter how long passes, and how much I get distracted- it's still there.

I'm going to Peru as a missionary next year and that's a dream I've had for a long time, but when I come back I want to make this next dream come true.

I want to be a hospital clown for sick kids! I can juggle pretty good so I want to juggle for the kids in the hospital and make them smile. More than just going around to different hospitals though and juggling for kids, I want to start teams of college kids, high school, or middle school kids that all go to the hospital together and reach out to the kids there. For example groups would have different ages of young volunteers with different talents ranging from art, drama, comedy, acro, music, or juggling.

So basically I want to start a clown ministry and I want it to be an active ministry that goes to the hospital at least twice a week: maybe Wednesdays and Saturdays- who knows. I would like to start the ministry at the college I attend, probably Southern, and get some college-aged leaders and then reach out to the middle school and high schools to see what other youth are interested in helping.

The plan would be that as a big group of young volunteers we would put on about a 45 minute hospital entertainment show at the hospital incorporating music and a showcase of some of our different talents. After that teams would split up and go to different kids' hospitals rooms and just befriend the kids. Teams could sing songs and show the kids their talents- with the goal of making them smile.

This is something I've been thinking about and wanting since I was young. Sometimes I get embarassed about talking about wanting to do something like this, but I don't just want to think about this dream any longer. After I get back from Peru, I'm serious about starting this dream.

I just think we could really make children smile- we could change their lives- and they would change ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment