Sunday, August 18, 2013

My family

Tonight my mom, dad, brother and I ate salmon and rice together at our dinner table. I showed them pictures of Korea and we all talked about school and plans. It was really nice. I haven't been able to sit down and just relax with my family for a while- especially at our Texas house. I missed them a lot and I love them so much. While I'm in Peru, I think I will definitely miss my family most.

I love going out and doing crazy things- and meeting all these different people- but sometimes doing the simple things with the best people can bring you the most joy in life and the best memories. Sometimes it doesn't seem like I love my family. People wonder why I left for boarding academy at the age of 16 and then went away to Tennessee for college. Did I just not want to be around them? And now I'm going to be gone for a whole entire year...

My family is amazing and I think they could have hardly done a better job raising me and providing a nurturing environment that taught me so much about life. They taught me to work hard. They taught me to explore and live life to the fullest, not to waste one moment. Most of all, they taught me the joy of helping others. Both of my parents are some of the kindest, most helpful people I have ever met. When they see a homeless man on the side of the road, their hearts are full of compassion, and often they stop and give them food or a ride. My parents are both teachers and they sacrifice a lot for their students everyday. My parents are the ones who taught me about adventure and taking risks as well.
I could write so much. I love and admire them so much..

No comments:

Post a Comment