Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm flying to Peru today!!

It's the craziest feeling; I feel like I'm overflowing with adrenaline.I'm flying to Peru today- it's finally here! I'm in Dallas Fort Worth airport right now and I'm going to meet up with 2 fellow student missionaries in about an hour.
I had a rough morning. I tried to take my malaria medicine today after only eating some fruit and I was nauseous and throwing up for about an hour. Being really sick just made me think about how quick everything can change and it also made me realize how blessed I am. I'm so thankful to God for keeping me healthy and I'm so thankful that I feel better now.
Saying goodbye to my parents was hard. It's the first time I've ever broken down and started crying at the airport. But I trust in God- and there's no looking back- as I go on this journey to serve Him.
This is my verse and I'm trying to memorize and keep it in my head: Isaiah 26:3 He will keep Him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusts in thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment