Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I will be here

"I will be here" by Stephen Curtis Chapman is a super beautiful song. I'm sure almost every girl dreams of a sweet guy singing her this song- when she hears it. But what we often forget is how much God has done for us and how he is there for us all the time. Instead of focusing on being romanced by guys, we should seek God's love and approval first and foremost. Guys or girls, friends, and human beings can never make us happy on their own- they all disappoint us because everyone makes mistakes- but God is perfect.
It's hard to find good friends. Even harder to find best friends. Sometimes even best friends leave us or get mad at us, but God is a constant source of love and He will never leave us. When we are mad at the world, He still wants to talk to us. When we are afraid, He wants to comfort us. When we are weak, He wants to hold us.

Here are the lyrics to this song and just listen to it as if God is singing this song to you:
* Because that's how much He cares



Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
 I will be here
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear
'Cause I... I will be here

I will be here
When you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to crying
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
'Cause I will be here

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I... I will be here
As sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
So I... I will be here

I will be here
And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here, hmmm

I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me

And just as sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
So I... I will be here
We'll be together
I will be here

Psalm 63: 1-5
Oh God, you are my God
Earnestly I seek you
My soul thirsts for you
My body longs for you
In a dry and weary land
Where there is no water
I have seen you in the sanctuary
And beheld your power and your glory
Because your love is better than life
My lips will glorify you
I will praise you for as long as I live
And in your name I will lift up my hands

God please remind us that You want to be there for us no matter what happens in our lives. Teach us to rely on you and you alone. Show us your will for our lives and help us to follow you wherever you lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment