Friday, August 16, 2013

Home, packing, and cutting my hair

I'm home and it's amazing! I've definitely missed being in a place I call my own where I can sleep in, wear whatever I want, and cook my own food. I have been debating (with my mother and myself mostly) whether or not I will be cutting my hair short before I go to Peru. I can cut it short and risk a terrible haircut that I can't do anything with by donating 10 inches to locks of love, or I can get a short trim, keep my long hair, and get big on buns and braids before I leave. Doesn't seem like a big deal to you right? But I lovvvvvv my hair, so we'll see what happens.

I have so much to pack and I feel so unprepared to leave in 4 days. I mean I just got home and everything is a mess. I'm working on making emergency first aid kits, registering myself with the US embassy in case of emergencies, and getting all kind of hygienic items and supplies they won't have in Peru.

I've been talking to all of the SM's I will be traveling with a lot. Almost all day we are texting each other or Facebook group messaging. I already feel close to them. We're all in the same boat: it's getting real and it's getting scary. I'm super excited though! I just can't believe I leave in 4 days. It's like a dream.. it is a dream. But I have so much to do first- it's scary!

You know, I just had a funny thought. Today and this week I have tons of laundry to do. Well I might as well enjoy it, because in 4 days I will be handwashing everything!! Wow- it's going to be so different. I can't wait.

Philippians 1:20 As it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

No comments:

Post a Comment