Saturday, August 10, 2013

Break us to remake us

I feel like this summer I've been broken alot. Sure, I had some great moments, some amazing times when I was like "wow I can't believe this is my life"! (Korea, awesome times with friends at camp, learning how to drive the boat) But honestly this summer was rough and completely different from any summer I've ever encountered.

And then I remembered something- I prayed this summer that God would do anything He needed too to make our relationship better. I prayed that God would destroy anything that wasn't His will.

If you are following God and He is not breaking down things in your life, is He really working in your life? Are you really letting God remake you if you are not letting Him break you?

Because anything that comes before Jesus Christ in your heart or in your mind is an idol that God is waiting to break down for you so that you can see Him clearer.

We are so blinded by distractions and sins in this world. We are like the blind man in Matthew 8: 22-25. The sad part is many of us don't even realize we are blind, we are content with our own lifestyles and keeping God where we want Him in our life.

Imagine what it would be like to see others the way Jesus sees them? To love each person and to understand them completely. To see the things people did to hurt you, and understand how they were hurt themselves. To see people's suffering, their doubts, and their shame. To see how backgrounds and lifestyles impacted a person's behavior. To see Satan and the angels of God fighting for each one of our souls. Imagine how it would be to see yourself as Christ sees you: your weakness in your self, but your strength as a child of God.

We can't open our eyes, just as the blind man could not open his. Before Jesus opened the blind man's eyes he put spit on them. Spit! Not medicine and not colored bandaids. Spit- the disgusting stuff that nobody wants on them. This was a humbling situation for the blind man. I'm sure he did not enjoy it. I'm sure he was not like "yay Jesus do this more". Or "hey everybody look at me I've got spit on my eyes". But he endured the spit and continued to follow Christ, and God opened His eyes forever.

We can't change our lives. We can't take back the mistakes we've made. We can't work hard and stop being selfish on our own. We can't free ourselves from our addictions, or care for people the way Jesus did.. We can't on our own. Through us this is impossible but through Christ all things are possible. If we ask Christ to open our eyes.. He will. He may break us first, but He will promise to remake us beautifully to be like Him.

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Phillipians 1:6 Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on until the day of Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment