Sunday, August 11, 2013

10 more days- the countdown begins =)

"No one can make you happy and nobody can make you unhappy- unless you choose to let them."

What if you  knew you only had 10 more days to live?

I bet you would stop caring about what other people thought of you- and you would start living for the things you loved. I bet you would get serious about God and get on your knees and pray. I bet you would spend time with your family and tell them every moment you could that you love them. I bet you would hang out with your best friends and laugh so hard that you cried. You would forgive. You would enjoy life. You would do the things that make you happy, and even when things didn't go your way.. you would smile.


 We all hope we have more than 10 days to live, but I guess we never know.
People die every day from unexpected things- it's tragic- but let's not focus on that. Let's focus on the good things- the things of Christ, lovely and pure thoughts and not take things for granted.

I have 10 more days before I go to Peru as a missionary. 10 more days in America to be a "typical teen" before I make a sacrifice to help others. I'm excited to go to Peru- it's my dream. But I also realize that while I'm there, I WILL MISS America. I will miss my friends. I will miss my family and I will miss being in a culture that I understand.

So even if today- I'm not in the place where I wanna be most- I'm not with my family who I miss terribly bad- and I can't go do whatever I want.. I'm gonna make the best of it. Because God made this day and He says to rejoice and be glad in it =)

Psalm 118:24 This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment