Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Great Commission

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:18-20

"I've lived my life a little too calmly. Don't let the Great Commission die within you"- Matthew
Ahn

Do we realize the responsibility that we have to preach to everyone we come in contact with that Christ is coming soon? Do we take our calling seriously?

My grandmother used to tell me never to forget to bow my head and close my eyes when I prayed before meals because it gave attention to Jesus. Honestly as a kid, and even sometimes now, that's the last thing I want to do. Am I embarrassed of Jesus or being a Christian? Not exactly. But then again, sometimes the last thing I want to do is make myself stand out from everyone else and be different. Yet like it or not, sometimes that's the exact thing Christ calls us to do: to stand up boldly from Him and set ourselves apart from the world.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment