Sunday, July 21, 2013

Peruvian Nightmares

Goodmorning- it's 5:42 am in Korea and I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep very well at all because I had a bad dream about Peru. In my dream, I got on the plane for Peru and as soon as I arrived the student missionaries all started fighting. Then after that I read a note my mom wrote me and just started crying. I might of even cried in my sleep because I was crying so hard in my dream.

When I woke up, I prayed to God and I realized a few things. Peru will not be easy, not like Korea where I have a nice host family to take care of me and my best friend by my side- but that is ok. I'm not going to Peru because I want to have fun. I'm not going to Peru to learn Spanish. I'm not going to Peru to make friends. I'm going because God called me to go there.

I'm going to Peru because there are people around the world less privileged than I who don't know about Jesus' love. I want to show them that they are valued by God. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.

I know that at times Peru will be hard and uncomfortable, but I know that because the Lord is leading me He will take care of me. He will watch over me and He will be my rock.

Psalms 23:3,4   He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Matthew 28:18-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

I will not be afraid of going to Peru because I know that God will protect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment