Monday, June 17, 2013

Peru-- Amor Projects money & fun

If you haven't watched my Peru promo video yet please check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp0ICodbWRE and if you donate please help me out. As of right now I have $1000 raised. I am so thankful for everyone that has helped give me money to go. It really means so much!!
As of tomorrow I will be starting to write thank you notes.
I'm so excited for Peru and to be going as a missionary next year to AMOR projects at the same time it still seems so unreal. I can only imagine how next year will change my life in totally unique and crazy ways. I am excited to get to spend a year away from a busy lifestyle and the college life and get to serve other people and think about them first!
I'm trying to get closer to God this summer while I'm at camp. I love being outside because that's where I feel closest to God. At the same time it's still hard because camp is busy and there's a lot of distractions. I must choose God and lay down my life for Him each and every day.
"Will thou lay down thy life for my sake?" It is far easier to die than to lay down the life day in and day out with the sense of the high calling. We are not made for brilliant moments, but we have to walk in the light of them in ordinary ways. There was only one brilliant moment in the life of Jesus, and that was on the Mount of Transfiguration; then He emptied Himself the second time of His glory and came down into the demon-possessed valley. For thirty years Jesus laid out His life to do the will of His Father, and , John says, "we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." It is contrary by human nature to do it."-- Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment