Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Does Jesus make your day?

When you love someone you want to hang out with them all the time. You miss them when they are gone and are happy when you finally get to talk to them. You think about them a lot and listen to them when they talk to you. They make your day so much better.

Does Jesus make your day?

When you don't spend time with Jesus do you miss Him? Do you miss His voice when you forget to talk to Him? Do you miss His face when you choose to sin and hurt Him? Do you act differently when you forget to spend time with Him?

For me, I really struggle with finding time to spend with God at camp. But Jesus totally makes my day when I remember to pray to Him and read my Bible. When I go outside and am still and can listen to His voice, then Jesus makes my day. He not only makes my day happier but He transforms my character. If I have Jesus in my heart, then I can be nice to a lot of people; I can be patient; and I don't have to worry about silly things. But when I go to long without Jesus I get really mad and I break down. I get annoyed with the people around me, I get depressed, and life just turns around.

I know it's hard to spend time with Jesus, but it's definitely worth it. Jesus makes my day, and He not only makes my day, He makes my life =)
Yes making time for Bible reading and prayer is hard sometimes, but in the end the only thing that really matters is your relationship with Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Psalm 28:7-8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.  The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

May Jesus make your day a joyful day full of love and peace =)


1 comment: