Saturday, June 22, 2013

Battlefield of the Heart

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, vigilant, and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking those whom he may devour.

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21

I love God, I love God, I love God.
I choose camp. I choose friends. I choose sleep.

God, I want you, I want you, I want you.
Yet I focus on jobs, feelings, and people.

Why is it so hard to put God first into every part of every day?
Why is it such a battle every moment and every second?

Satan is good. He is smart and he is a good distractor and a good deceiver.

My God is stronger than Satan. He does miracles and I believe He does almost everything in His power to Help us find Him.

But how can we find Him when we are running around with our eyes closed? Not literally closed, of course. But busyness, and busyness alone is an enemy of Christ. How can we take the time to be quiet and see Jesus in the things and people around us if we are focused on the jobs we must get done. When we are too busy, we are selfish, and we do not have time for the needs of others, much less the will of God. I have encountered this time and time again in my life, but it seems like an ever-present struggle especially with jobs relating to ministry. We must make ourselves slow down. Even good things can become huge idols with Christ.

In 1 Kings 19: 9-14 God is trying to speak to Elijah and the Lord chose to speak to him in a whisper.

Psalms 46:10 says "Be still and know that I am God."

We must slow ourselves down, we must make ourselves stop. We must make time for God. If we love Him, we must choose Him over every single thing in our lives. We must be still and we must be quiet and listen. There is a battle going on right now and this battle is not simply a game but it is war between Satan and Christ fighting for souls for eternity. It's a battlefield for the heart and mind . Satan is trying right now to distract you. But as hard as Satan is fighting, God is fighting harder. He wants to show you how much he loves you. He wants your heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment