Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What do you want more?

To want a good relationship with God is not simply enough just like wanting a nice body is not simply enough. I can want positive relationships, toned abs, & good grades in college-- but wanting is different than working towards. Investing, committing, and sacrificing are way different descriptions than wanting, and things Christ is calling us to do. Yes actions are motivated by a desire and Christ wants us to want Him- but simply desiring Christ and continuing to live our natural, sinful ways will not work.

Jeremiah 29:13 says You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart.
ALL YOUR HEART- that's a lot. Let me just ask you Are you sure you want God? Do you want Him more than anything else? More than a boyfriend or girlfriend, more than best friends, more than family, more than beauty, and more than popularity, riches, or fame? And it's easy to say that we want something more or love something more than anyone.. but are our actions showing that?

Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments

1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!

I can say that I want God more than anything, but sometimes my actions speak louder than words and prove me a liar. My thoughts are often on things of this world more than things of God. This is something concerning, something I must work to change. It's a battlefield for your heart and mind when you choose to serve Christ Jesus. I pray that we together work towards loving God and gaining a better relationship with Him every single day. I pray that we invest, commit, and sacrifice for Christ because we want Him more than anything else this world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment