Friday, May 31, 2013

summer camp week 1

One of the devil's most successful schemes is busyness: friends, work, sports, even ministry sometimes. Even though working hard and being successful is great, often very good things can become idols if they take away from our relationship with God. This is what I'm finding as I work at summer camp: it is so hard for me to find time to spend with God. This fact really bothers me because I need to be preparing to be a missionary in Peru. My relationship with God is really important to me- actually it's everything. Without God, I'm nothing and have nothing going for me. With God, well God makes all things beautiful at least in His time ;)
The amazing thing about camp is the great spiritual atmosphere, positive friends, and beautiful nature-- the hardest part is definitively personal devotions. Yesterday I was able to go on a run with God and just look up at the stars. They were so beautiful. As I was talking to God, I saw a shooting star. Shooting stars are really special to me because to me, it's like God's promises and at the same time a sign that He is with me and that He will take care of me. God gave me three shooting stars to show me that I should go to Peru, so by Him sending me another shooting star- it just gave me such perfect peace.
I really trust God right now and I'm so excited for how he will lead this summer. My prayer is that God would help me to have the wisdom and perseverance to invest an hour in personal devotions and Bible study every day this summer. This is my hope and prayer- that by doing this I can grow closer to Christ. It won't be easy but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment