Friday, April 19, 2013

Small crisis

John 21:7 "Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord , he girt his fisher's coat unto him... and did cast himself into the sea."
Oswald Chambers-- "Have you ever had a crisis where you deliberately and emphatically and recklessly abandoned everything? It is a crisis of will. You may come up to it many times externally, but it amounts to nothing. The real crisis of abandonment is reached internally not externally. The giving up of external things may be an indication of being in total bondage.
Have you deliberately committed your will to Jesus Christ?"
This devotional in "My Utmost to His Highest" was exactly what I needed to read today because today, as foolish or small this may sound, I chose God over statistics. My statistics class is in thirty minutes; my homework undone. My God time- seriously lacking. I feel God talking to my heart telling me that I need to spend time with Him. But God what about statistics? Today I chose to spend time with God rather than do my homework.As insignificant as this may sound, decisions like these in our everyday lives reveal to us who we are truly worshipping.
This is not to say that I have a good reason for not doing my statistics. I procrastinated, thus it should have been done yesterday. But to sacrifice time with God because I procrastinated yesterday.. in order to get a better statistics grade? That's not fair.
Small crisis's like these test and prepare us for bigger ones. Have you ever thought to yourself "I want to be a martyr for Christ?" Have you thought about how you would respond if someone put a gun to your head and asked if you loved Jesus? It's easy to make ourselves believe that we would say yes and die for Christ, but if our smaller decisions and trials in life don't agree, then it is doubtful what we would do or if we would truly be doing it for the right reason.
Matthew 5: 16 says "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. " May everything you do, every word you say, and every decision you make- no matter how small- glorify the Lord in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment