Monday, April 29, 2013

On the outside looking in

Do you wish you could ever see yourself from someone else's perspective? You could see what people really think about you and how they judge you.
Reputations and identities are funny things.
Just the other day I was walking down the Southern promenade and this guy was just like "hey your the juggler girl..."
I'm like Hi my name's Brooke, nice to meet you. Not really, but that's what I wished I could say ;) Like it's sweet to get a little attention for juggling or be known for something you are good at. But at the same time it gets annoying when people put you boxes.
It's hard when people want to classify you or label you. (Nerd, jock, blonde, stupid, dork, genius, goody good) It's tough when they don't actually take the time to get to know you.
What I've realized lately is nothing can replace time. Time is one of the most valuable gifts God has given us. Nothing builds relationships like time. Time can never be made up. The closest people to me in my life are the people I've known the longest. There's just something about the people that know you the closest and love you anyways. You know you've found a best friend when someone knows all about you: the good, bad, and ugly and chooses to love you anyways.
I am very blessed to have some amazing best friends. Sometimes they're far away from me, but none the less true friends' hearts can never be separated. If you don't have a best friend in your life right now, I encourage you to pray about it. Ask God to give you a friend that is spiritually uplifting and trustworthy. Then you work on being that close friend that you've always wanted. If you show people you can be there for them, they will be much more likely to trust you. No matter what, remember to thank Jesus for always being willing to be your best friend.

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment