Sunday, April 21, 2013

Invisible

"To be known.. is to be loved. And to be loved is to be known."
Have you ever felt invisible?
Inside a girl is the desire to be wanted, to be accepted, to be pursued. She wants to be cared for and cared about. I believe everyone has a desire in their heart to be seen.
"I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me." – Ralph Ellison"

Thinking about the word invisible reminds me of Invisible Children. I remember when I did 25 hours of silence fast actually last year on my birthday.  Invisible Children is a great organization to help children in Uganda who were running and hiding from Kony and the end the war.

There's also an organization called Invisible People. They help homeless people around the world who are often overlooked and treated as invisible.
On their blog it says "Some content may be offensive. Our hope is you'll get mad enough to do something." Is that what it takes us Americans to move or to take a stand?

I once heard a story about a homeless man on Hollywood Blvd who really thought he was invisible. But one day a kid handed the man a Christian pamphlet. The homeless guy was shocked and amazed, “What! You can see me? How can you see me? I’m invisible!”
It isn’t hard to comprehend this man’s slow spiral into invisibility. Once on the street, people started to walk past him, ignoring him as if he didn’t exist… much like they do a piece of trash on the sidewalk. It’s not that people are bad, but if we make eye contact, or engage in conversation, then we have to admit they exist and that we might have a basic human need to care. But it’s so much easier to simply close our eyes and shield our hearts to their existence.

Christ saw people. He took the time to look into their eyes. He cared about people.
There's so much evil going on in this world all the time. It's easy to become rock hard, unsensitive, and uncaring- after all if we cared about every single world problem and sad news story, worrying, and trying to fix everything we would worry our self sick. This world is evil. Don't close your eyes though. Help everyone you can. Ask God for His eyes so you can see the world and others as He does.

Isaiah 50: 4-7
The Master, God, has given me,
a well taught tongue,
So I know how to encourage tired people.
He wakes me up in the morning,
Wakes me up, opens my ears,
to listen as one ready to take orders.

Isaiah 58..
"This is the kind of fast day I'm after:
to break the chains of the injustice,
to get rid of exploitation in the workplace,
free the oppressed, cancel debts.
What I'm interested in seeing you do is,
sharing your food with the hungry,
inviting the homeless poor into your homes,
putting clothes on the shivering ill-clad,
being available to our own families.
Do this and the lights will turn on,
and your lives will turn around at once."

Jeremiah 1:
God told me "Don't say, I'm only a boy'
I'll tell you where to go and you'll go there
I'll tell you what to say and you'll say it.
Don't be afraid of a soul.
I'll be right there, looking after you.

Isaiah 1
"Quit your woship charades,
I can't stand your trivial religious games...
I'm sick of your religion, religion, religion,
while you go right on sinning...
You've been tearing people to pieces,
and your hands are bloody.
Go home and wash up.
Clean up your act.
Say no to wrong.
Learn to do good.
Work for justice.
Help the down-and-out,
Stand up for the homeless
Go to bat for the defenseless.

Proverbs 3
Don't lose your grip on Love and Loyalty.
Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart.
Earn a reputation for living well
in God's eyes and they eyes of the people.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
Don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.

Proverbs 3
Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God's hand for that person.
Run to God! Run from evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment