Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm almost 19

My birthday is the day after tomorrow, but honestly I could care less. My mom is sweet and is like "honey are you sure you don't mind waiting to celebrate it until you get home?" Honestly mom I could care less. I could care less if you have a party. I could care less what you do. I'm one year older and to me it's not that great. I mean I'm 18, turning 19, big whoop! I guess this is how older people feel- but worse!! My poor husband- I am definitely going to hit menopause hard LOL! Totally jk =)

But I guess I'm looking over this year and I'm not that proud of my first year in college. I mean it was good. Don't get me wrong, I love Southern. I don't regret coming here! And I don't regret doing Gym Masters either even though it was a huge time commitment. I guess the thing I'm regretting now is the fact that I'm not invested in any serious relationships here, even on the friend level. Now this is nice especially because I'm going to Peru and I really really don't want a boyfriend and to do long distance. But I mean even friends, like I made some good ones, but is there any really one here who I could call my best friend? No. Is there anyone here I will miss like crazy when I go to Peru? Probably not. Don't get me wrong, especially if you're a Southerner, I will miss some of you guys and you guys helped make my year a blast.. But I'm just saying, I miss intimacy right now.

Maybe I'm getting a little homesick, it's only 9 days left- I can definitely do this. I can do this with Christ. Oh my, if I'm homesick for my family now, then just wait til I get to Peru. I am going to miss my family so much!

Sometimes I talk to my friends about their relationships with their parents and their answers truly amaze me. Some of them talk to their parents once a week. Others a few times a week. I'm just like Really guys? I talk to my mom about 3 times a day. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night before I go to sleep. Is that weird? I'm really independent but I have extremely close relationships to my family. Family is a huge part of who I am and I believe family should be a huge priority in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment