Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I got accepted to Peru!!!!!

This is totally crazy, I got accepted to Peru!!
I am so beyond excited right now because I absolutely know without a doubt that this is where God wants me!!.
Going to Peru: Amor Projects is going to be a little different than I thought because there have already been 8 other students accepted to Amor Projects from Southern. There will be a lot of us college students and we will be program leaders. So that will be different from what you normally expect going as a student missionary. I can't wait and I can't believe this is all real and it's really going to happen.
Thank you God for working it all out and I'm so excited to serve you!
Now I just have a lot of paperwork to be done, shots and meds to be taken, and money to be raised.

EGW says: The way has already been prepared. "By passing over the ground which man must travel, our Lord has prepared the way for us to overcome. It is not His will that we should be placed at a disadvantage in the conflict with Satan. He would not have us intimidated and discouraged by the assaults of the serpent." Desire of Ages pg 122-123

My goal is to start spending an hour with God every single day. I need to start focusing on Christ more. Let's look at Paul who said "For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified." He was totally devoted to God- so much that the other things in life didn't matter. I want that, but at the same time it' a constant fight between sin/ self and the Holy Spirit in me.

As Chambers' writes "The abiding characteristic of a spiritual man is the interpretation of the Lord Jesus Christ to himself, and the interpretation to others of the purposes of God. The one concentrated passion of the life is Jesus Christ. Whenever you meet this note in a man, you feel he is a man after God's own heart."

Now it's interesting to me to read this and to think about Paul and compare Him to my life or so many other Christians and the way we live our lives in America. Paul was famous for preaching for Christ. He was known for His relationship with God- nothing else. Not His cooking, his jokes, his basketball skills, and the club for kids he established. Now this is just me thinking, but maybe if we stopped getting so busy with  so many things in different directions, we would have time to focus on Christ and His ministry: the thing that truly matters. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have fun, spend time with family, or friends, but Focus: your focus should utmostly be on one thing and that thing should be Christ Jesus.

I understand the joys of multitasking and getting involved with so many different areas. This year in college I am part of Gym Masters, Southern Scholars, various campus ministries, intramurals, and lifeguarding. But because I am part of so much, I honestly cannot focus on any of these things. Because I am so involved with too much, I cannot give 100% to any of these areas- and definitely not to God.

This reminds me of the story with Mary and Martha.
When Jesus came to their house, Mary sat at his feet simply listening to everything He said. Martha ran around the house cleaning and cooking, doing various jobs. Mary asked Jesus why Martha wasn't helping her. Jesus said "Martha Martha," you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary s chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from her."

So Focus. Take time out of your day to spend quality time with God. Give Him your best time of the day and your utmost attention. Re-evaluate your priorities so you can spend less time running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.. and following God's mission for your life.

"Never allow anything to deflect you from insight into Christ Jesus. It is the test of whether you are spiritual or not. To be unspiritual, means that  other things have a growing fascination for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment