Sunday, March 10, 2013

*shooting stars*

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky like shooting stars? I could really use a sign right now, sign right now..
I'm really happy right now because not only is my bestie Priscilla here with me at Southern, but I just got done having one of those really deep, totally awesome spiritual conversations with her looking at the stars. Talking about God, talking about life, sharing our stories of what God's been doing for us. And praying together about where God wants to lead us.
I'm super excited because I feel God might be calling me to go to Peru next year. I asked Him for a sign, for a shooting star, and He showed me three shooting stars! Besides that, I prayed that if He wants me to go, He would help one of my friends to be called to go too. Right now one of my good friends on Gym Masters Mikaya is praying about going as well. The final thing I need from God in order to know that He wants me to go is I need my parents approval. My parents and friends have in general been really down on me going to Peru next year. They keep telling me to wait. But despite trying to listen to them, it's really in my heart. I want to work at the clinic with Amor Projects. So I'm not saying I'm going to Peru next year for sure, I'm just asking you: Please pray for me! Please pray that if it's God's will then my parents will understand and if it's God's will He will make it happen. Pray that I know if God wants me to go, and that I surrender all my life to Him and what He is doing in me.
I was offered lake director for this next summer at Wewoka Woods the day I left for the Dominican Republic. I was totally stunned with surprise because I thought God was calling me to be a counselor. I didn't expect Apple to offer me lake director anyways since I'm so young. But I've been praying about it, and I think it's a really good opportunity for me. Priscilla and I were talking about how sometimes God wants us to be still (Psalm 46:10) and just trust him. Being lake director will give me more time to seek God in the wild, look at the shooting stars, and focus on getting more intimate with Christ himself. I loved counseling next year but God's giving me some pretty cool ideas for the lake and I'm really excited with what He's doing in me.
Tomorrow I start the Daniel Fast with a few friends. I will be seeking God's will about being a missionary and trying to draw close to Him. There are 5 aspects of the fast that I am trying to do to become closer to God 1. go totally organic, 2. spend 1 hour with God in a sacred place, 3. pray with a stranger or friend every day, 4. not go on facebook during this entire fast, and 5. start and end every day with prayer on my knees. It's 28 days and I just want to get a lot closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment