Friday, March 29, 2013

My Faith- Your faith

"Religion is like a can of soup. As a Christian, all we ever did was read the label of the can, analyzing it's contents. In my new faith, we open the can and eat the soup." -
I identify- this used to be me, but it is no longer.
And if this is how you feel about God, I ask that you pray about it, that you search for a real walk with Christ. Because His desire for You is so deep.

Two basic components of Following God:
Commitment points to the time we made a conscious decision.
It is subsequently remade daily, sometimes hourly.
(Reading this in my student missionary book, hurts me because this week, out of all the weeks on my Daniel fast, I have not stayed committed to God. I have put earthly things before Him and neglected the time needed to study His word and seek His face.)
Obedience
Obedience does not mean perfection but a relationship.
It means we are striving to follow what God is teaching us.
It means we are listening so that we will not get distracted by the things of this world.

It's Friday, and I'm so grateful for the Lord's Sabbath and finally some time to really talk to Him. I am really saddened because this week I have fallen so far from God solely because I neglected Him due to my busy schedule. There's a lot going on in my mind and in my life right now, my mind needs to be focused on one thing: Christ.

What was the purpose of this year- of me being here at Southern?
To be honest, I don't have a best friend here, and lately I've been ok with that, but today I feel a little lonely and mystified. I can't believe this year is over.
There's only 4 more weeks of school!! Where did it go? What did I do? What does it matter?
And now I want to go to Peru or Africa.. and it's like hold on a minute. Did another year really pass by? Did I just like blink and miss it? Cuz it seems like just yesterday when I got here. And now it's almost over. This is craziness.
And I'm kinda like what God, hold up a minute? What are you doing?
I wanna  blame Him for all the things I don't understand.
My parents were asking me about boyfriends. And I kinda feel like their disappointed in me for not getting one. Like hey your at Southern shouldn't you be dating? that kinda thing. but it just didn't work out. I've had so much else going on. Too much going on recently anyways. So much that this entire week has been just running around, and my God time has been totally neglected.Some of this running around has been in pursuit of getting things done to be a missionary next year in Peru or Africa. Africa is the new possibility if Peru is not where God's calling.

"The battle is not against sin or difficulties or circumstances, but against being so absorbed in work that we are not ready to face Jesus Christ at every turn. That is the one great need, not the facing of our belief, or our creed, or the question whether we are of any use, but to face Him."

Jesus rarely comes where we expect Him; He appears where we least expect Him, and always in the most illogical connections.

The only way a worker can keep true to God is by being ready for the Lord's surprise visits. It is not service that matters, but intense spiritual reality, expecting Christ Jesus at every turn.
If you are looking off unto Jesus avoiding the call of the religious age you live in and setting your heart on what He wants, on thinking on His line- you will be called unpractical and dreamy- but when he appears in the burden and the heat of the day, you will be the only one who is ready. Trust no one, not even the finest saint who ever walked on this earth, ignore him, if he hinders your sight of Jesus Christ.
I feel like people don't understand what Jesus is doing for me and where He's leading me. They don't get why I want to go to Peru or Africa. They don't get that God is calling me there. They don't understand my views about modesty and purity. They don't understand radical. They say can't you just do the whole "Christian" thing? And NO I CAN'T. I'M SO DONE WITH THAT!

The thing I'm realizing is that God is calling me to get real about Him. He's saying that He wants me to get serious about our relationship. Because the End Times are so soon! And I believe the reason why He has separated me from people that I am really close too and not helped me get a boyfriend or a best friend.. is because he's like Brooke come on.. You NEED TO GET SERIOUS ABOUT ME. You need to put me first. You need to want me. You need to FOCUS ON ME because I WANT TO USE YOU.
I know this isn't just something God is saying to me, but I know that He desires the same for you.
To me, it kinda all makes sense, this was a year to prepare me to go as a missionary. This summer needs to be spent in meditation, in God time, in prayer to get that serious relationship developed. Because right now, it's far too shallow.
And even though I hate to say this and admit this alot of my friends are distractors for me and my walk with God. My family and my old friends, when I'm with them, it's easy to justify my normal Christian actions and forget to listen to the radical callings of Christ. I think it's going to be really hard for me to go back to camp with all these old friends and deep connections and live out my faith. Because it's realer now. I want to show them that I've changed, that Jesus is becoming a bigger part in my life. And that I value Him soooo much!

So I guess what I'm saying right now is I make the commitment to follow God where He chooses to lead me for the rest of this year, next summer at Wewoka at the lake, next year maybe around the world, and for the rest of my life.
I also choose obedience. It is hard to follow God. But we need to discipline ourselves. The End Times are coming .The time to get serious about God is now. We are called to so much more than the typical "Christian" lifestyle.
My question for you right now is What is Jesus saying to you right now?
Is He telling you to get serious? Is He calling you to follow Him in a new way?
Because in the End times when all this world is over the only thing that matters is My Faith and Your Faith.
I pray you experience the Holy Spirit and that you rest in Jesus' peace and blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment