Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Idols

"The person or thing you seek to please the most will always be the first god that you serve. Whether that is family, friends, or a career, I challenge you to lay them aside and keep the Lord as number one on your list. It is only by doing this that you will be prepared to continue serving Him if should He take from you what you love the most."

Whatever draws away from the heart of God must be given  up- EGW.

What a shame it is that we have such troubles giving up "all"- for our all is only sinfulness and treachery that God wants to transform into beauties.

In the end- nothing else but God will matter so why do we let worries, friends, schoolwork, sports, and relationships take up our time and thoughts now?
Our God is a "jealous God"- I used to not understand this quote.

My English teacher yesterday told us a story about a family that had a really hard time letting their son go as a missionary because the missionary who had last been there had just died..
My parents are having a really hard time with letting me go next year as a missionary.
It's scary, and I know that it's dangerous.
I also know that I will be making sacrifices.
I just think that we need to be ready to give up everything at any time for Jesus when He calls.

Is Jesus calling you to something greater today?
Where is your focus?
I challenge you to redirect your eyes to the cross of Jesus Christ.
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Matthew 16: 24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment