Sunday, March 17, 2013

I will labor for Christ

Yesterday I had a really cool experience with my friend Priscilla: to me, it was kind of like God telling me I will use you. I have chosen you, and I will use you. Here's what happened:
My friends and I went to subway to get some veggie sandwiches for our Daniel Fast. The lady at the counter was in tears, she told us she couldn't serve us and was closing down because she had just got word that her husband had died. I offered to pray with her so Priscilla and I prayed together with her in the store. We tried to offer some words of comfort but it was so hard. It was clear we had touched her though, or God had touched her. It was just such a blessing to be used by God to bring comfort.
And that's why I want to go to Peru next year, to be used by God.
I foresee the beginning of a separation from selfishness and things typical to me of this world. I can't wait to grow deeper with God. ARME Bible camp taught me how little I know about Christ and my beliefs. It also opened my eyes to how shallow I have been in my Bible studies. We must rise! God is coming soon. I believe it! Look at the signs, read the word. Matthew 24:24 Even the very elect may be deceived by false prophets. We must equip ourselves for Jesus is coming soon and this is the end times! We must learn what we believe and make ourselves messengers to the entire world. God wants you to use you, He wants to use me. We must study His word; we must begin now.
Tonight I read a warning from Oswald Chambers, that I know I need to take seriously. 2 Corinthians 5:9 and 10 says : So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due to him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
"Only one life, will soon be passed
Only what's done for Christ will last"
We must make sure all of our labor is only for Christ's approval.
We should not be ambitious to save lives, to convert people, to establish churches, or to preach the Gospel to the entire world, but first we should make sure of all our labor is for Christ's approval. We must make sure we are doing what Christ wants. And for Christ not for alternative reasons.
It's easy for me to get caught up in the "adventure, fun, and thrill" of going to Peru. And I don't think God doesn't want me to enjoy going and experiencing this great adventure, but I must realize that I'm going for God not other motives. I have these big dreams in my heart to help the hurting children and people who are sick in Peru, but God is calling me to glorify Him, to follow Him. I cannot let my heart get too caught up in what I want to do in Peru. I must study God's word and seek to follow His will in everything. If He chooses to not let me go to Peru, then so be it. This is about God, not about me. I must let go and God must come in.
This message by Chambers hit me hard. Already I am getting distracted, caught up in the excitement, caught up in the mystery and my heart is dreaming about the jungles... la la la la la.. No, I must practice self control. If God is calling me, He will provide and He will direct. Not my heart, not my dreams, and not my wants.
Tonight a few of my friends were telling me about the dangers of going to the jungle in Peru. They were talking about anacondas, paranas, spiders, and jaguars. My mom was asking me if I could get eaten by a lion. It all sounds exciting, because it's an adventure, and I've always wanted to do something like this (here I go again in the "me thinking") but it really is a big risk. There is a chance of me getting eaten. There is a chance of me getting diseases and dying. I'm willing to die for Christ to accomplish His work. It just again makes me realize how serious of a thing this is and how I need to diligently be searching for God. I don't want to go to Peru without the Lord and I don't want to wait til I'm in Peru to find Him. I know God and I know He is there for me all the time, but I want to know Him deeper. I want it to be realer. Yes I'm willing to risk my life for God. If He wants me to die in Peru, I will still follow, but I just pray that whatever happens, that it be Christ's will. That I follow Him and not my own heart. That I glorify Him and none other.
1 Corinthians 9: 26, 27 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave, so that afte I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
We are serving God, we are running the race, we are fighting the fight of good faith. This is WAR- and we are warriors. I will equip myself because I'm going into the battle. I pray you fight on God's team and choose to protect yourself as well.
Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes you may able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all of this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests..
If Christ is for us then who shall be against us.
I shall not fear for the battle will be Christ's alone and He will be my protector!



No comments:

Post a Comment