Thursday, March 21, 2013

heaven


Preacher told me last Sunday mornin’ Son, you better start livin’ right
You need to quit the women and whiskey And carrying on all night
Don’t you wanna hear him call your name
When you’re standin’ at the pearly gates?I told the preacher, 
“Yes I doBut I hope they don’t call todayI ain’t ready"
Everybody wants to go to heaven
Have a mansion high above the clouds
Everybody want to go to heaven
But nobody want to go now
I said, "Preacher maybe you didn’t see me
Throw an extra twenty in the plateT
here’s one for everything I did last night
And one to get me through today"
"Here’s a ten to help you rememberNext time you got the good Lord’s earS
ay I’m comin’ but there ain’t no hurryI’m havin’ fun down here
"Don’t you know that
Everybody wants to go to heaven
Get their wings and fly aroundEverybody want to go to heaven
But nobody want to go now
Someday I want to see thoseStreets of gold in my halo
But I wouldn’t mind waiting at leastA hundred years or so
Everybody wanna go to heaven
It beats the other place there ain’t no doubt
Everybody wanna go to heaven
But nobody wanna go now
Everybody wanna go to heaven
Hallelujah, let me hear you shout
Everybody wanna go to heavenBut nobody wanna go now
I think I speak for the crowd
Nobody want to go now
KENNY CHESNEY - EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN LYRICS

 I don't know about you but I am mad ready for summer and play. I am so hopeful for sunshine weather that for the past two days I've walked around campus looking like a beach bum in shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt freezing my but off! I'm just so excited for summer and to see my friends and family and take a break.
 Am I as excited for heaven as I am excited for summer? How much do I want heaven to come? How much do you want heaven to come, and are you ready to go now??
 This song by Kenny Chesney really saddens me. I think it's very true and honest. If we're honest with ourselves I think many of us would relate to Kenny that at least in some point in our lives we're like "God I'm not ready." Please just let me get married first, or let me enjoy these parties, or let me experience life...
 Am I ready to die tomorrow? If I searched my heart and was totally and completely honest with you, my answer would be No. This is a problem.
Why are we so content to live in this world of sin? Maybe it's because we are still focusing on earthly things and not spending enough time with Christ and in His word.
When I first came to Southern, I had some major issues with homesickness. One of the biggest reasons why I had these problems was because I was focusing on the people I had left "back home". I had left my best friends and family and during the day I was constantly thinking about them, texting them, and calling them. When I stopped texting them so much and calling them every hour crying about how much I missed them, I began to truly experience Southern. Only then, did I make my own friends and learn what a great place Southern was for me. So what does this have to do with heaven? Where are our eyes focused? Are we looking at Jesus Christ, God the Father, the Word of God, listening to the Holy Spirit, and seeking God's will in everything we do? Or are we searching for things of this world, material possessions, things that will quickly fade like riches, good grades, prosperity, or popularity just to name a few. The Bible says "Where your treasure lies there your heart will be also."
I want to be "homesick for heaven"!
Jesus Christ is coming so soon! I really and truly believe that we are the remnant church and this can be supported by so much Biblical prophecy. We are called to evangelize now to the entire world so that Jesus Christ can come and take us home.
You don't need to watch the entire video below, but I find it touching and truthful. We don't know how long we have on this earth. We could die at any time from anything: car accident, fire, murderer... Nobody thinks that they will die young. People do all the time.
Don't waste this moment that God has given you. Have security in Jesus Christ and get excited about the time you will spend in heaven with Jesus.

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”


Revelation 22:1-5  Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment