Sunday, February 24, 2013

Meaningless

Today I feel unmotivated. I am trying to do everything possible in my power to avoid doing my homework. My desires to get good grades seem to have faded this year. I mean I know I need good grades for PT school, but other than that, I just don't seem to care as much anymore.
There's so much going on: Gym Masters, school, friends, possible boyfriends, volleyball, God stuff, and social life.. sometimes it seems really overwhelming. I have realized that in the past week I haven't spent much quality time with God. And I miss God- I need God.

James 4:8  Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

When I die how will people remember me?
When I die where will I go?
What will God think of me?
Will God call me "friend" or will He say "I never knew you."

Matthew 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

It takes time to build a relationship and it takes sacrifice as well. We cannot serve two masters for our God is a jealous God. We say we love Him more but is He the one whom we really spend the most time? Is He our desire that we think and dream about as we go to sleep every night? God wants your life, He wants your time, He wants your focus.
Friends and popularity will fade.
After you graduate not many people will care about your 4.0.
But what you do for God- you might change a life forever-
Or you might waste your entire life..
So is your life meaningless? Get God before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment