Saturday, February 23, 2013

Captivating

When I was a girl my daddy showed me I was captivating.
My brother taught me to be tough, to fight, and to compete.
My friends told me to save them and I did.
Guys never talked to me- they didn't give me much attention.
I was tough so I didn't choose to care or even try.
I was strong enough on my own and didn't need a boyfriend.
Some older guys in my life gave me attention- it was a good feeling.
But then they destroyed my trust
I said I don't need you because boys only hurt people
I looked around at my friends who had been hurt so bad and I didn't want that
I was a good girl anyways
I was a strong girl and I could help people I could play sports and I could make friends
Who needs boys?

I had some amazing guys come into my life and tell me I was beautiful and worthy
I trusted them but I didn't believe them
I kept hiding, because I was afraid
I didn't want to have to trust guys, to get hurt, to be the victim, to lose my "strength"
I tried to be the hero
Some guys were there for me and they proved to be best friends
They helped me learn to have confidence
They helped me not be afraid to be myself
They helped me dance
When I learned to dance, I began to smile more
I've always smiled but I began to smile because I was truly happy
I didn't want to be a "suck up" or a "goody goody"
I wasn't afraid anymore
I got comfortable and it was great
Then God said Go
And I said why? He took me to a new place... AGAIN
With new beginnings comes new things
God made it good
God said You are beautiful not because of them but because of me
You are worthy not because of what you do but because you are my child
You are loved not because of your friends but because of my heart

I danced, I danced alone sometimes
I danced with new friends and new guys
God has given me freedom.
He has taught me to trust
He has taught me that I can't be my own Hero
God wants to be my hero
And because God is my hero I will dance



What women rightly long for is spiritual and moral initiative from a man, not spiritual and moral domination.- John Piper

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, you are beautiful, my love, behold, you are beautiful! Your eyes are doves behind your veil. Your hair is like a flock of goats leaping down the slopes of Gilead.

Titus 2:3-5 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. 

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised

 1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight

Psalms 27:4
One [thing] have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Psalms 29:2 - Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness

No comments:

Post a Comment