Monday, February 4, 2013

angel in disguise

My God is so good!
I pray you feel this way too throughout your days because if you do not have this feeling of divine joy, something is wrong.
Because my God, He's so good to me. I know that I don't deserve it. I also know that God wants to bless you as well.
Today after lifeguarding class I was going to lunch alone and I was like well I can look for someone to sit with and sit by myself if necessary. Then I saw Kimberly, a beautiful petite girl sitting by herself in the corner looking out the window. I decided to go sit with her because she is in the lifeguarding class as well.
I believe it was a divine appointment. This girl is such a blessing and to me her face just radiates Christ love. I loved talking to her throughout lunch just about life and Southern. This girl has muscular dystrophy, so I'm really excited that God is using her to be a lifeguard. She was telling me about how many times after lifeguarding class, her legs and ankles ache and cramp because of the hard work of swim training. I find it really amazing how she perseveres. Her life perspective is so inspiring.
Another thing she said that really inspired me is how she works to overcome her fears. She said her top three fears are needles, heights, and public speaking/preaching. She has been sky diving, given blood, and is going as a missionary pastor this summer to Guatemala! What a testimony =) and also what a challenge! What are your top three fears and would you like to overcome them? Some of my top  fears are hospitals, giving blood, snakes, diseases, and something happening to the people I love the most. I would like to give blood just to overcome my fear of it. I would also like to work in the hospital next year and start a new ministry there.
Psalm 118:6
The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
I challenge you to overcome your fears in the name of Jesus Christ.
This girl Kimberly really impacted and encouraged me today. I want to be more Christ-like, gentle and loving, but bold and fearless.

Check this site out. It's like youtube but only Christian stuff!
http://www.godtube.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment