Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goodbye

Goodbyes are some of the hardest things but you can't truly LIVE and LOVE without them.
Everybody has to say goodbye at one point or another.
Some goodbyes are hard and some are easy.
Today I said goodbye to my parents. I hugged them on their way as they traveled to Texas and they left me here in Tennessee.
Tears stained my face and ruined my clear complexion.
Amidst the challenging goodbye I had seemed to lose direction
I felt totally lonely like a lost away from home
But then I remembered I will never be alone
With Goodbyes come New Beginnings
And when you stop looking in the mirror and telling yourself "I'm alone" "I'm scared" and "I can't do this"..
You will find why God has you right where He wants you Right Now!
Goodbyes are HARD. Saying goodbye to a grandpa, maybe an abusive relationship, a past where you have been hurt, a friend that is no longer helping you, a connection that needs to be broken down, an addiction that has to be stopped, or even your family dearest to you... You have to say goodbye sometime.
And as Danny Cantu, a dear friend, says "If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives."
So no I'm not ready. I'm not ready to leave my family and come back to this college where I struggle. Where I have to fight to get good grades in PT, push myself to juggle 5 balls, and compete to make true friends.. But here I am. And if this is where God wants me, then I know I'm ok. I'm saying Goodbye and I'm saying Here I am God.
When you really say goodbye, you choose not to dwell on the things of the past. You choose to live for today, not dreaming or dreading the past.
Maybe you are forced this year to say goodbye like me. Maybe you are going back to college and like me you are saying goodbye to the people you love the most and who love you back: the people who you are absolutely Crazy about. But maybe, you don't HAVE to say goodbye, maybe you just need too. I dare you to think with me about things that separate you from God. Could you say goodbye to them? I pray you have the strength to say goodbye to the things that are holding you back and keeping you from fully experiencing the love of joy.
I thank Jesus Christ now because He has the perfect plan for me and He will never leave us alone. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I pray you find peace in Christ today wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment